smile.com.au is creating a new era of dental cover. Members who join from $79 a year, receive a reduction of 15% to 40% on all of their dental fees at any of our quality smile.com.au dentists across Australia. Every treatment is covered, every time you visit a smile.com.au dentist.
smile.com.au dental cover is simple. Because we’re not health insurance, there’s no limits, no exclusions, no waiting, no claiming, no confusion.
Our dental cover gives you all the features you need and none of the restrictions you don’t. So, it’s no surprise to us that we’re the fastest growing dental cover in Australia.
smile.com.au is re-inventing dental cover so everyone can have a beautiful, healthy smile for life. It’s easy:
1. Join: From $79 A Year, get cover online or via the phone in just 2 minutes.
2. Find your smile.com.au dentist: Use our search tool to find your local smile.com.au dentist. Call them to make an appointment.
3. Show your smile.com.au card at your appointment and save on your dental fees with no limits or restrictions.
4. Keep smiling: Celebrate because you saved money plus you have a healthy smile!
In a word, everyone! Our members are people who want to:
- have peace of mind that every dental treatment is covered
- rest assured that their dentist has been quality checked
- save money every time they visit the dentist
- only pay for the dental treatment they need
- top up their health insurance if they have benefit limits, waiting periods, claiming and treatment exclusions
- get dental cover that’s simple and affordable
Dental cover is protection for all of your dental needs. In the past, you could only get dental coverage through health insurance. Now smile.com.au is creating a new era.
smile.com.au dental cover is designed to give you access to the best dental care through a combination of a low Annual Member Fee, a network of quality smile.com.au dentists, reduced dental fees and no limits or restrictions.
With extras insurance, health fund members pay a premium that includes coverage up to a benefit limit for visits to allied health specialists (e.g. dental, optometry, physio, chiro). A claim for a rebate needs to be made at each visit. There may be some out-of-pocket expense for each visit and some restrictions, such as waiting periods and treatment exclusions.
smile.com.au is not health insurance. For a low Annual Member Fee, members receive reduced dental fees every time they visit one of smile.com.au’s quality smile.com.au dentists. Plus, there’s no limits, no exclusions, no waiting, no claiming, no confusion.
smile.com.au has absolutely no treatment exclusions, so you can benefit on every treatment, every time you visit a smile.com.au dentist! If our smile.com.au dentists perform the treatment, you can save with smile.com.au! This includes minor, major and cosmetic dental, as well as orthodontics and treatment for pre-existing conditions.
You can join smile.com.au as an individual, couple, sole parent family or family.
‘Individual’ cover is for one person.
‘Couple’ cover is for two people in a relationship who are living together.
‘Sole Parent Family’ cover is for a person with dependents up to the age of 24 who are living together.
‘Family’ cover is for two people in a relationship with dependents up to the age of 24 who are living together.
Once you join smile.com.au, we’ll email you a welcome email.
You will be asked to create a member login when you join smile.com.au. You can view all of the details of your dental cover when you login to your smile.com.au Member Dashboard.
Your digital member card is located in your Member Dashboard, which you can use immediately and each time you visit the dentist. A member card will also be posted to your mailing address and you should receive the card within 3 weeks after you join smile.com.au. You can use either your digital card or your physical card when you visit the dentist.
To make sure you're always covered, your smile.com.au dental cover will automatically renew each year at the end of each billing cycle, unless we hear from you.
If you have joined smile.com.au on a two-year cover, your membership will revert to a one-year billing cycle after the initial two year period.
You can find your next renewal date in the Cover Details section of your smile.com.au Member Dashboard.
smile.com.au will refund your dental cover in the following circumstances:
- you have moved to a location that is more than 30km away from a smile.com.au approved practice
- you have joined one of our health fund partners and you have dental coverage as part of your membership.
You may be charged a $24.95 Administration Fee to process your refund. If you’d like to apply for a refund, call us on 1300 238 648 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm AEST.
The cost of your treatment will depend on the type of treatment you need and your individual smile.
With smile.com.au dental cover, you are guaranteed to save 15% to 40% off the regular practice fee, for every treatment, every time you visit a smile.com.au dentist.
See how much you can save on some common treatments here.
To find out how much you saved, you can:
1. enquire at the practice as you are paying for your treatment
2. login to your Member Dashboard and upload a copy of your invoice in My Dental Invoices. We’ll let you know how much you saved within 5 business days. Make sure your invoice shows the practice name and lists the dental fee items included in your treatment.
3. email a copy of your dental fee invoice to [email protected] and we’ll let you now how much you saved within 5 business days. Make sure your invoice shows the practice name and lists the dental fee items included in your treatment.
Yes! You can have smile.com.au dental cover plus health insurance to:
- save on dental treatments that aren’t covered by your health insurance
- continue to receive reduced dental fees, even if you have reached your health insurance benefit limits
- start saving straight away on dental care, even if you have waiting periods with your health insurance
1. Join online in just 2 minutes from $79 a year.
2. Find your local smile.com.au dentist to make an appointment.
3. Present your smile.com.au card at your appointment to receive reduced dental fees.
4. Present your health fund card to swipe through HICAPS to receive your health fund rebates.
5. Celebrate because now you have a healthy smile!
smile.com.au has partnered with these amazing health funds:
Australian Unity, Peoplecare, GMHBA, myOwn, Frank, AIA Health Insurance, Healthcare Insurance and health.com.au
If you have extras cover with any of these health funds, you're automatically a member of smile.com.au! There's no need to join. Show your health fund card to receive the smile.com.au savings at smile.com.au dentists.
If you have extras cover that includes dental with one of our health fund partners then we have great news – you automatically have free smile.com.au membership.
By visiting a smile.com.au dentist you will reduce or eliminate your out-of-pocket expense.
Simply show your health fund card when you attend a smile.com.au dentist and save 15% to 40% off your dental fees. You may also receive no gap for some treatments (talk to your health fund to find out more).
Note: you do NOT need to have a separate smile.com.au member card – our practices already know about our amazing health fund partners.
Your smile deserves to be put first. That’s why we only partner with quality dentists.
smile.com.au dentists are rigorously screened prior to being approved and must continuously meet our stringent quality assurance standards to remain partnered with smile.com.au.
smile.com.au dentists are your local dentists that put your smile first.
Dentists are lining up to be part of smile.com.au so they can spend less time finding patients and more time on doing what they love: being dentists. Our smile.com.au dentists reduce their fees for our members because we direct our members to their practices and provide marketing and other business support to them. It’s a partnership where everyone wins!
Login to your Practice Portal or contact our Partner Team Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm AEST on 1300 238 648 option 3.