The relationship smile.com.au has with its members is of utmost importance. We are committed to building a mutually beneficial relationship with our members. Hence we are concerned about protecting the privacy of our members.
1. Privacy Act 1988
- smile.com.au is guided by the National Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 and other laws governing in this area.
- smile.com.au has access to personal information as a result of normal business activities.
- The personal information is to assist members to receive affordable dental services.
- Personal information also pertains to dealings with employees, suppliers, third party contractors and prospective employees.
- Information is communicated to smile.com.au via plan applications, queries, promotions and surveys.
2. Personal Information
- smile.com.au collects names, dentist details, and dealings with members and potential members of smile.com.au to administer services with smile.com.au.
- smile.com.au collects names, business contact details and professional details with people servicing smile.com.au to market our services to members and dentists.
- smile.com.au collects personal information about applicants for employment with smile.com.au to make informed decisions about hiring the appropriate staff for smile.com.au.
3. Our Responsibility
- smile.com.au is responsible for the security of personal information it maintains.
- Physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards are in place to protect personal information.
- Account information is password-protected and smile.com.au uses industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
- Personal information collected at this site is private and confidential as a general rule.
- There are however exceptions to the rule.
- Access to the personal information about members is restricted to smile.com.au employees who require that information to provide services to members.
- smile.com.au may make available personal information to a related company for the same purposes the information was entrusted with smile.com.au.
- Personal Information may be made available in order to affect the transfer of the company as this would be necessary to ensure the continuity of service.
- Companies servicing smile.com.au may also have access to personal information held by smile.com.au.
- Companies servicing smile.com.au are required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 and other relevant privacy laws.
- smile.com.au may set and access smile.com.au cookies on your computer.
- Web beacons are used to access smile.com.au cookies inside and outside of the site and in connection with smile.com.au services.
- Secured Socket Layer, SSL, is an advanced security protocol designed to enable smile.com.au to pass sensitive information securely between your browser and smile.com.au’s servers in an encrypted format.
- This advanced encryption technology protects any information that you send to smile.com.au.
- Information transmitted over the internet in relation to smile.com.au can not be intercepted by another party.
- These safety measures guarantee the utmost protection of your personal and financial information.
6. Accessing Personal Information
- You can access your personal information by sending us an email. To do this, simply click on Contact Us.
- The information given will be to the extent you are entitled under the Privacy Act 1988.
- smile.com.au is happy to assist you in relation to the handling of personal information.