Smile's mission is to make quality dental care more affordable and accessible for the people of Australia. As a member of Smile, you’re part of this challenging mission. Your commitment is important as it ensures we can continue the incredible value and exceptional coverage of Smile. So below we outline our commitment to you and your commitment to Smile.
Becoming a Member
- Applications completed correctly and paid in full are honoured and granted coverage.
- Smile may verify the details submitted to obtain a plan, in order to best support our members.
- Applications may be declined if details submitted are false, or inadequate.
- A ‘Couple plan’ is two individuals including two same sex individuals in a relationship living at the same residential address.
- A ‘Family plan’ is two individuals including two same sex individuals in a relationship inclusive of dependents up to the age of 24 living at the same residential address. Dependents with any permanent disabilities of any age living at the same residential address may be included in a Family plan.
- A ‘Single Parent’ plan is an individual with dependents up to the age of 24 living at the same residential address. Dependents with any permanent disabilities of any age living at the same residential address may be included in a 'Single Parent' plan.
- Prospective members are at least 18 years old to apply to Smile as the primary plan holder.
- You are the legal owner or an authorised user of the Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or PayPal account being used.
- Receipt of an electronic confirmation or other form of confirmation does not signify acceptance of an application.
- Smile may at any time after the receipt of the application accept or decline for any reason.
- A plan commences from the date of payment and continues until the Member Team is notified otherwise by the primary member.
- A plan cannot be suspended.
- Your plan may be terminated by Smile without providing a refund if you:
- negotiate with approved practices to further reduce their dental fees;
- miss an appointment without giving the approved practice at least 48 hours' notice;
- engage in inappropriate behaviour at an approved practice; or
- allow an unauthorised user to utilise their plan.
- Cancellations are done by phoning the Member Team via 1300 238 648.
- This must be done within at least 5 days prior to the new billing cycle to cease continuous coverage.
- A fee of $24.95 will be incurred if:
- A cancellation request is received within 5 days of the new billing cycle; or
- A cancellation request is received after the commencement of the new billing cycle.
- Each paragraph of this refund policy applies when Smile is assessing a refund application.
- Refund requests are made by completing and returning the Refund Application Form to Smile.
- Refunds are given if a member:
Refunds are not given if:
- completes and returns a Refund Application form to Smile within 60 days of their original joining date;
- supplies reason/s for seeking the refund, name of the approved dentist visited, copy of receipt/s with dental items performed;
- repays the approved practice the reduced amount; and
- returns Smile Card/s via registered post at the cardholder's expense to Smile, PO Box 7090, East Brisbane QLD 4169.
Smile may not accept a plan application from a former member who has sought a refund in the past.
- the reason for the refund request is related to the treatment, dentist, or practice as this should be addressed with the practice;
- the plan has not been used or is no longer of use; or
- a refund has been granted to you previously.
Protecting Our Members & Partners
In the event that Smile should cease to trade, appoint an administrator, have a liquidator appointed, have a receiver appointed to any or all of its assets or otherwise become insolvent:
- Members may continue to obtain services from approved dentists pursuant to their Smile Card for the duration of their plan;
- Members are not entitled to any Refund (whether full or partial) from Smile on account of any unexpired portion of their plan;
- Members are not entitled to bring any claim against any bank or financial institution which may have provided merchant facilities or financial accommodation to or for the benefit of Smile in respect of any monies they may have paid to Smile, or losses arising, on account of their plan; and
- Members agree to indemnify and keep harmless, and keep indemnified and harmless, any bank or financial institution which provided merchant facilities or financial accommodation to or for the benefit of Smile in respect of any monies paid to Smile, or losses arising, on account of their plan.
Your Commitment to Us
- You ensure that all application details provided to Smile are correct, in order to benefit immediately.
- You ensure your email address, payment details, and postal details with Smile are up-to-date for continuous coverage.
- You update these details promptly by calling the Member Team on 1300 238 648 or using the Member Area located on the website.
- You inform the approved practice that you are a member when making an appointment.
- You present your Smile Card to reception on arrival at the approved practice.
- You do not allow any unauthorised use of your plan by third parties.
- You report the loss or theft of your Smile Card to Smile.
- You ensure that Smile Cards are kept securely and in good condition.
- Approved dentists and teams are able to ascertain necessary information from the Smile Card.
- You agree to incur $24.95 when cancelling within 5 days or after commencement of the new billing cycle, or requesting a replacement Smile Card.
- These Terms and your dealings with Smile are subject to the laws of Queensland, Australia.
Smile is paving the way for a new era in dental care. It’s a grand challenge. We can make quality dental care more affordable and accessible for the people of Australia. But we need your help too. Because of our commitment to each other, we can continue to work towards our mission. It’s possible.