smile.com.au is on a mission to make quality dental care more accessible for Australia. As a member of smile.com.au, you too are a part of this challenging and exciting mission. Your support is important as it ensures that we can continue the incredible value and exceptional coverage of smile.com.au. Below, we outline our commitment to you, and your commitment to smile.com.au.
B. Becoming a Member
- Prospective members must complete an application and pay an Annual or Bi-Annual Member Fee.
- Applications that are completed correctly, paid in full and approved by smile.com.au are honoured and granted smile.com.au dental cover.
- You promise that any application information that you submit to smile.com.au is true, accurate, and complete, and you agree to keep it that way at all times.
- smile.com.au may require verification of the details you submitted to obtain dental cover in order to best support our members.
- Your application may be declined if the details you submitted are false or inadequate.
- You must select an account type on your application: Single, Couple, Sole Parent Family or Family.
- ‘Single’ dental cover is for one individual over the age of 18 years old.
- ‘Couple’ dental cover is two individuals, including two same sex individuals, in a relationship and living at the same residential address.
- ‘Sole Parent Family’ dental cover is an individual with dependents up to the age of 24 who are living at the same residential address.
- ‘Family’ dental cover is two individuals, including two same sex individuals, in a relationship inclusive of dependents up to the age of 24 and living at the same residential address.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to apply to smile.com.au as the Primary Member.
- The Primary Member must be the legal owner or an authorised user of any Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or PayPal account being used for payment to smile.com.au.
- smile.com.au will notify you via email once your application has been approved and that your dental cover has commenced.
- Receipt of an electronic payment confirmation or other form of confirmation does not signify acceptance of an application.
- You will be issued with a smile.com.au card when you become a smile.com.au member and at the commencement of each new billing cycle. smile.com.au cards remain the property of smile.com.au.
- smile.com.au provides dental cover to smile.com.au members.
- As a smile.com.au member, you will save up to 40% with a guaranteed minimum reduction of 15% off all dental treatments performed by smile.com.au approved dentists.
- smile.com.au may, at any time after the receipt of the application, accept or decline your dental cover for any reason.
- Your dental cover commences from the date of payment and continues until the smile.com.au Member Team is notified otherwise by the Primary Member.
- Your Annual Member Fee will be charged to you at the commencement of each new billing cycle. To ensure that you have continuous coverage, smile.com.au will automatically charge the payment details that you have provided to us.
- It is important that you keep your payment information up to date with us. If your Annual Member Fee is not paid or is not processed at the end of each billing cycle, your dental cover will be terminated.
- Your smile.com.au dental cover cannot be suspended for any period of time.
- Your dental cover may be terminated by smile.com.au without providing a refund if you:
- negotiate with smile.com.au approved practices to further reduce your dental fees;
- miss a dental appointment without giving the smile.com.au approved practice at least 48 hours’ notice;
- engage in inappropriate behaviour at a smile.com.au approved practice; or
- allow an unauthorised user to utilise your smile.com.au dental cover.
D. Cancellation Request
- Your dental cover will continue with smile.com.au until you inform us otherwise.
- If you wish to cancel your dental cover with smile.com.au, you can do so by phoning the smile.com.au Member Team via 1300 238 648 on Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm AEST. Your auto-renewal will be disabled by the smile.com.au Member Team when your dental cover has been cancelled.
- You must cancel your smile.com.au dental cover at least 5 business days prior to the new billing cycle to cease your continuous coverage.
- Once you cancel your smile.com.au dental cover, your dental cover will remain inforce until the end of the current billing cycle.
E. Refund Request
- Refund requests are made by completing and returning a Refund Request Form to smile.com.au. Please contact us if you wish to receive a Refund Request Form.
- An administration fee of $24.95 may be incurred for the processing of a refund.
- smile.com.au may not accept an application for dental cover from a former member who has sought a refund in the past.
- Refunds will only be considered in the following circumstances:
- where there is no smile.com.au approved dentist within a 30km radius of the Primary Member at the time of most recent payment to smile.com.au. Evidence of current residential address is required in order for a Refund Request to be processed, or
- where the Primary Member has joined a smile.com.au health fund partner and has valid health insurance with that health fund which includes dental cover. Evidence of valid health insurance, including dental cover, is required in order for a refund to be processed.
F. Protecting Our Members & Partners
In the event that smile.com.au should cease to trade, appoint an administrator, have a liquidator appointed, have a receiver appointed to any or all of its assets or otherwise become insolvent:
- Members may continue to obtain services from smile.com.au approved dentists pursuant to their smile.com.au dental cover for the duration of their dental cover;
- Members are not entitled to any refund (whether full or partial) from smile.com.au on account of any unexpired portion of their dental cover;
- Members are not entitled to bring any claim against any bank or financial institution which may have provided merchant facilities or financial accommodation to or for the benefit of smile.com.au in respect of any monies they may have paid to smile.com.au, or losses arising, on account of their dental cover; and
- Members agree to indemnify and keep harmless, and keep indemnified and harmless, any bank or financial institution which provided merchant facilities or financial accommodation to or for the benefit of smile.com.au in respect of any monies paid to smile.com.au, or losses arising, on account of their dental cover.
G. Your Commitment to Us
- You ensure that all application details provided to smile.com.au are correct.
- You ensure your email address, payment details, and postal details are kept up to date with smile.com.au to ensure continuous coverage.
- You update these details promptly by calling the member team on 1300 238 648 or using your Member Dashboard area located on the website.
- You inform a smile.com.au approved practice that you are a smile.com.au member when making an appointment.
- You present your smile.com.au card to reception upon arrival at a smile.com.au approved practice.
- You do not allow any unauthorised use of your cover by third parties.
- You report the loss or theft of your smile.com.au card to smile.com.au.
- You ensure that smile.com.au cards are kept securely and in good condition.
- Approved smile.com.au dentists and teams are able to ascertain necessary information from the smile.com.au card.
smile.com.au is creating a new era in dental cover, but we need your help too. With our commitment to each other, we can continue to work towards our mission of making quality dental care more accessible for the people of Australia.