smile.com.au is on a mission to make quality healthcare more accessible for Australia. As a member of smile.com.au, you too are a part of this challenging and exciting mission. Your support is important as it ensures that we can continue the incredible value and exceptional coverage of smile.com.au. Below, we outline our commitment to you, and your commitment to smile.com.au.
Becoming a Member
- Applications that are completed correctly and paid in full are honoured and granted coverage.
- smile.com.au may require verification of the details submitted to obtain cover in order to best support our members.
- Applications may be declined if details submitted are false or inadequate.
- 'Couple Cover' is two individuals, including two same sex individuals, in a relationship and living at the same residential address.
- 'Family Cover' is two individuals, including two same sex individuals, in a relationship inclusive of dependents up to the age of 24 and living at the same residential address.
- 'Single Parent Cover' is an individual with dependents up to the age of 24 who are living at the same residential address.
- Prospective members must be at least 18 years of age to apply to smile.com.au as the primary cover holder.
- Members must be the legal owner or an authorised user of any Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or PayPal account being used.
- Receipt of an electronic confirmation or other form of confirmation does not signify acceptance of an application.
- smile.com.au may, at any time after the receipt of the application, accept or decline for any reason.
- smile.com.au cover commences from the date of payment and continues until the member team is notified otherwise by the primary member.
- Members save up to 40% with a guaranteed minimum reduction of 15% off all dental treatments performed by smile.com.au approved dentists.
- smile.com.au cover cannot be suspended.
- smile.com.au cover may be terminated by smile.com.au without providing a refund if a smile.com.au member:
- negotiates with approved practices to further reduce their dental fees;
- misses an appointment without giving the approved practice at least 48 hours' notice;
- engages in inappropriate behaviour at an approved practice; or
- allows an unauthorised user to utilise the smile.com.au cover.
- A member may cancel their cover by phoning the smile.com.au member team via 1300 238 648.
- Cancellation must occur at least 5 days prior to the new billing cycle to cease continuous coverage.
- An administration fee of $24.95 may be incurred if a cancellation request is received within 5 days of the new billing cycle.
- Refund requests are made by completing and returning the Refund Application Form to smile.com.au.
- Refunds will only be granted where there is no smile.com.au approved dentist within a 30km radius of the primary member at the time of most recent payment. Evidence of residential address is required in order for a refund to be considered.
- An administration fee of $24.95 may be incurred for the processing of a refund.
- smile.com.au may not accept an application for cover from a former member who has sought a refund in the past.
Protecting Our Members & Partners
In the event that smile.com.au should cease to trade, appoint an administrator, have a liquidator appointed, have a receiver appointed to any or all of its assets or otherwise become insolvent:
- Members may continue to obtain services from approved dentists pursuant to their smile.com.au card for the duration of their cover;
- Members are not entitled to any refund (whether full or partial) from smile.com.au on account of any unexpired portion of their cover;
- Members are not entitled to bring any claim against any bank or financial institution which may have provided merchant facilities or financial accommodation to or for the benefit of smile.com.au in respect of any monies they may have paid to smile.com.au, or losses arising, on account of their cover; and
- Members agree to indemnify and keep harmless, and keep indemnified and harmless, any bank or financial institution which provided merchant facilities or financial accommodation to or for the benefit of smile.com.au in respect of any monies paid to smile.com.au, or losses arising, on account of their cover.
Your Commitment to Us
- You ensure that all application details provided to smile.com.au are correct.
- You ensure your email address, payment details, and postal details are kept up to date with smile.com.au to ensure continuous coverage.
- You update these details promptly by calling the member team on 1300 238 648 or using your member area located on the website.
- You inform the approved practice that you are a smile.com.au member when making an appointment.
- You present your smile.com.au card to reception upon arrival at the approved practice.
- You do not allow any unauthorised use of your cover by third parties.
- You report the loss or theft of your smile.com.au card to smile.com.au.
- You ensure that smile.com.au cards are kept securely and in good condition.
- Approved dentists and teams are able to ascertain necessary information from the smile.com.au card.
- You agree to incur an administration fee of $24.95 when cancelling within 5 days of the new billing cycle, or requesting a replacement smile.com.au card to your address.
smile.com.au is paving the way for a new era in dental care, but we need your help too. With our commitment to each other, we can continue to work towards our mission. It's possible.